Full course description
Informational interviews are a fun and incredibly helpful way to meet people with a job you're interested in or working in the industry you’re considering. They’re typically shorter and less formal than actual interviews, but you shouldn’t take them any less seriously—you never know, they could lead to an awesome opportunity you never considered before.
This Module has five (5) steps:
Step 1: What is an informational interview?
Step 2: How to Find Someone & Reach Out to Request an Informational Interview
Step 3: How to Prepare for an Informational Interview
Step 4: What to Do During the Informational Interview
Step 5: How to Express Appreciation After the Informational Interview & Other Next Steps
By the end of this Module, you will:
- Gain an understanding of what informational interviewing is and how it supports networking and your search process
- Identify and use methods to select and reach out to potential informational interview contacts
- Learn specific strategies to make the most of your informational interview
- Create a list of helpful and appropriate questions to ask during an informational interview
- Understand next steps after your informational interview